It is officially week 10 of the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. If you missed Caley last week, have no fret… you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we will get to know Marissa. She is from California and moved to Texas to attend SMU. We are lucky she loved Dallas and chose to stay around after graduating! 😉
- What is your favorite fruit? Avocado and Mango… I could live off guacamole!
- What is your favorite vegetable? Carrots and zucchini – they are so versatile. I love baking carrots with olive oil and dill, or shredding them up to put into breads/muffins.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I love Power Crunch protein bars, or dates with almond butter.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I try to drink lots of water and green tea throughout the day. Green tea helps keep me stay energized without getting too jittery from caffeine overload. I also limit carbs at night, replacing them with lots of veggies.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I am a black belt in karate. And, I love to cook – it’s one of my favorite past time activities. 🙂
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? One of my favorite quotes is by Audrey Hepburn: “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.” I love this quote because I tend to be a stress case quite often, and this reminds me to take a step back, be happy, and everything else will fall into place.
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I have been teaching for almost 2 years now. I love the upbeat tempo of class, the positive energy of our clients and teachers, and the happy atmosphere in the studio!
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Pretzel! You can feel it burn every time 🙂 LTB!