We are now into week 6 of the What to Eat Wednesday: Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series. Are you learning anything new? I sure hope so! If you missed Molly last week, be sure to check her out here. Today, we will get to know Katy.
Katy moved to Dallas from New Orleans and we are so grateful to have her on our team. She has worked for the Chiefs, the Saints, and now the Dallas Cowboys. Needless to say, I think she knows a thing or two about fitness and nutrition. Let’s get started…
- What is your favorite fruit? Red grapes for sure, they’re so much better than those green ones!
- What is your favorite vegetable? Mushrooms or avocados if those count.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? Lara Bars are a life saver. They are natural and each bar has about 3 ingredients. I mean in today’s world three ingredients that I can pronounce is pretty awesome!
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? Consistency is key. No one is perfect but you need to have fun every once and a while. Eating cake everyday might weigh you down literally, but if you can’t celebrate the special moments what’s the point of all that hard work?
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I have worked for 3 NFL teams.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Expect miracles.
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre and what is your favorite thing about teaching? I have been teaching about two years. I started teaching in New Orleans, and my favorite thing about it is the community PB creates. We are so lucky to have a place to change our bodies and our minds. I think when everyone leaves a class they feel successful on all levels of their life.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? I love knock-kneed because it’s so hard, hurts so good!