We are almost done with our Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. It is week 11. If you missed Marissa last week, you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we will get to know our newest teacher, Katherine. She is a science teacher and comes to us from Jackson, Mississippi.
- What is your favorite fruit? Green apples and Nutella (the apples balance it out, right?).
- What is your favorite vegetable? My go to vegetable is a red bell pepper. However, recently I have become obsessed with Brussels sprouts!
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? Pre: red bull or coffee. Post: red bull or coffee!? I will be the first to admit that I love me some caffeine.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I am a big believer in not restricting yourself. Be mindful about what you put into your body, but on the rare occasions when you just need french fries or pizza– enjoy! Life is too short not to partake in cheesy goodness! Also, try cutting out meat, or at least red meat, from your diet (even if only for one day a week). I stopped eating meat almost 2 years ago and trust me, your body will thank you.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I am VERY grossed out and afraid when people walk around while brushing their teeth (I know, crazy!). It’s just not normal to foam at the mouth like that. Stand in front of the sink and brush those teeth. No need to walk around. Brush and be done with it! Also, I am a neurotic cleaner. Sweeping leads to mopping… and two hours later I have scrubbed the house from top to bottom.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Enjoy! Enjoy life and everything you have. Give yourself (and those around you) a break. Enjoy your friends, family, pets, pizza, and life a little more! Try smiling more and complaining less. Happiness is contagious- pass it on!
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I have been teaching for over two years. I love how wonderful (and always challenging) the workouts are. I love that I can get a fantastic full body workout done in an hour and crave more the next day! I am a Pure Barre and caffeine addict.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Thighs is my favorite section… I don’t know if I have a favorite move, but I do have favorite combos! Knee dancing, chair, and waterski?! Yes, please! Make it shake and hurt all over!