Are you enjoying the What to Eat Wednesday: Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series? We are officially on week 4 of the series. If you missed last week, you can meet Amy here.
Today we will get to know Kari. She has been teaching Pure Barre for almost two years and is also a certified personal trainer in the Dallas area. Health is obviously very important to this fitness queen so let’s get to know Kari a little more, shall we?!
- What is your favorite fruit? Avocado. I have one a day! 🙂
- What is your favorite vegetable? I never used to like broccoli but now I eat it all the time (steamed, grilled, raw, etc.). I eat it with hummus a lot as well as a side to any kind of protein.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? Almonds, apples, bananas, or a protein bar.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I never diet anymore. I fully believe in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and making healthy choices. My general rule is 80/20 (80% healthy eating/ 20% whatever I want)! Also, drinking lots of water is very important!
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I love watching the Food Network and have dreams to appear on that network (my favorites are Giada DeLaurentis and Ina Garten). I’m not the BEST cook, but I love to learn. My dream is to study at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris! Sighhhh…..
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Let it Be. That’s what I have tattooed on my back in Italian “Lascia che sia.” I’m always reminding myself to let life happen the way it’s supposed to and be present in the moment.
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre and what is your favorite thing about teaching? I’ve been teaching since August 2012 and have loved every minute! My favorite thing is when clients approach me about all the changes they have experienced since taking PB (both physically and mentally) and that our motivation keeps them coming back. That makes me want to take it to “another level” every time I put the mic on and push them to their highest potential!
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Pretzel! When I first started as a client, I noticed a change right away in my “love handle/muffin top” area and credit pretzel for getting it slimmed down and keeping it slim!