It’s Wednesday so you know what that means… What to Eat Wednesday Teacher Series! It is now officially week 8. Did you get a chance to learn more about Cori last week? If not, check her out here. This week, it’s all about Jan-Allison. This Louisianian has been teaching for Pure Barre Dallas for almost four years now and has a passion for fitness. I am sure we could all learn a thing or two from her so let’s get to the Q&A…
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas and apples.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Kale.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? A banana with peanut butter (I love peanut butter) before workout and/or a toxin flush drink from Nekter Juice Bar in Snider Plaza after workout. I love all of their juices.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? Don’t skip breakfast. Even though I’m not that hungry in the morning, I’ve realized how important it is to eat breakfast. Even if it’s something small, it gives me more energy throughout the day and gets my metabolism going. And drink LOTS of water!!
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I’m from Louisiana and went to LSU….so I love all things Cajun and I could possibly be the LSU Tigers #1 fan. Haha Geaux Tigers! Also, I recently got engaged!! We are planning to get married sometime next year near the beach/water. The beach is my favorite place to be. 🙂
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Live life with purpose. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose. And on a lighter note: Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Cajun French for “let the good times roll!”)
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I‘ve been teaching Pure Barre for 4 years and I have loved every minute of it!! I am a firm believer in the technique and love getting to know the clients and helping them achieve their fitness goals. Hearing success stories and seeing clients hard work and dedication make our job so fulfilling.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? I know I’m crazy, but I love lunge! It’s a full body workout and so challenging. Lift tone and burn!!