I am changing things up a bit for the next several Wednesdays. We’ll call it Pure Barre Dallas Teacher series and get to know some of the teachers and their nutrition tricks. If you didn’t know before today, Pure Barre Dallas is actually how What to Eat Wednesday started. I am a teacher at Pure Barre Dallas and Beth, the studio owner, asked me if I wanted to blog every Wednesday about nutrition. I did not say yes. I said hell yes! And so here I am…
So today, I give you the Q&A I had with one of our beloved teachers who just moved away from us to Brooklyn, NY. She is still teaching Pure Barre AND will always be a member of the Pure Barre Dallas team. Meet Caroline Jennings (aka CJ)…
- What is your favorite fruit? Hmmm, I love fruit! Some of my favorites are berries, pineapple, mango, and watermelon.
- What is your favorite vegetable? I also love veggies! Probably avocados, tomatoes (I think both of those are actually fruits!), and carrots.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I love smoothies.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I swear by the Weight Watcher’s mentality – everything in moderation! I have a sweet almost everyday, but always limit myself to a small serving size. I have the biggest sweet tooth
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Even though I’m not a religious person, I love the Serenity prayer, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- How long have you been teaching pure barre and what is your favorite thing about teaching? I’ve been teaching almost 4 years! I’m so happy to be able to continue my love for Pure Barre in Brooklyn. I love the clients and swear by the technique.
- Favorite Pure barre move? Definitely fetal!