Alright, dear friends, we are approaching week 9 of the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. If you missed Jan-Allison last week, have no fret… you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we take a look at Caley. She is a student at SMU and comes to us from the beautiful state of Colorado.
- What is your favorite fruit? Avocados and Strawberries.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Ice cream…. I wish. But, I love adding peppers to my meals.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I always try to eat something within 45 minutes of working out. I like to make a mixed berry and banana smoothie with protein powder.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I snack all day long and try to drink water every 30 minutes to keep my metabolism running fast. I also try not to eat dinner past 8pm. I feel so much better waking up in the morning if I don’t go to bed on a really full stomach.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I will be graduating in May 2015 from SMU, double majoring in Advertising and Fashion Media. I hope to one day work as the ad director for a major fashion magazine or as an entertainment television host and have the opportunity to travel the world as part of my job.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? My absolute favorite quote is by CoCo Chanel. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” I think it’s so important to know who you are and love who you are, because once you know yourself you can capitalize on your unique qualities and truly be irreplaceable. 🙂 Oh, and on a more lighthearted note she also says, “a girl must be two things: classy and fabulous”- who could argue with that?
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I‘ve been teaching Pure Barre for about a year now. My favorite thing about teaching is seeing clients leave the studio in a better mood than when they walked in the front door. It makes me feel great to know that Pure Barre is a positive, uplifting environment that makes women feel great about themselves. I also LOVE our Pure Barre community. We couldn’t ask for a better team at Pure Barre Dallas and I’m so thankful for the amazing girls I work with.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? The motivating music is one of my very favorite things about Pure Barre, but my favorite exercise is knee dancing. It takes thighs 2 & 3 to the next level and really pushes me to stay strong and work really hard through the extra shaking.