Wedding series vlog time. I have 13 weeks to go! Below is the vlog to kick off this week and then below is my summary of it for those of you who would rather read versus watch. I get you both!
First things first, how did I do on last week’s goals?
- No sugar. Wasn’t too hard for me during the week, but snack attack hit Saturday evening and I had a sweet tooth so indulged in some Dark Chocolate Truffle Hershey Kisses. Yum! I decided to revamp this goal a tad… after I hit my “sweet” spot, pun intended, I think having 1 sweet per week during this Wedding Series will be JUST FINE! More than fine, actually. You know I don’t like strict do’s and don’ts with nutrition.
- No caffeine. Killed it! Decaf coffee and tea is just fine for this lady. I will keep this up. Granted, I did have a withdrawal headache the first two days, but after that felt good. I love that I can now be fully aware of my energy levels. With too much caffeine, I couldn’t tell if I had artificial energy or really was tired and could use a nap. I think it is important to check in with your body and honor what it needs so I will be keeping the no caffeine kick up!
- Physical activity daily. This rocked. I did yoga daily and am continuing the 30 Day Yoga Challenge on the Yoga with Adriene youtube channel. I’m on Day 9! I also walked outdoors most days. I incorporated two days of Insanity Max 30. I needed the intensity to burn off some energy and stress during the week. I will up the Insanity Max 30 for this next week.
One other thing I realized this past week is that it is so easily to eat differently on the weekends. Anyone else? I stay up later on Friday and Saturday so often get hungry after dinner and before bed. During the week I don’t really like to eat anything huge before bed because it affects my sleep. But, this past Friday, I was hungry once we got home around midnight.. had a breakfast sandwich from Jack In the Box. When I woke up, I was not hungry for breakfast so skipped breakfast. Then, had a huge snack attack in the middle of the day. It’s a chain effect. I don’t mind doing this every so often, but a better strategy so that I am still hungry for breakfast is to have something small in place of that heavy sandwich after dinner. Perhaps warm milk, a decaf latte, or even a little yogurt.
New goals to kick off this week based off the above:
- Have 1 sweet treat per week on Saturdays.
- Replace caffeinated drinks with decaf coffee and tea.
- Daily yoga coupled with at least 3-4 days of Insanity Max 30. Other days walking outdoors (or both). #200ByWedding
- Replace weekend after dinner meal/snack with warm milk.
I got a request to show pictures of a few of my meals so I will be doing that this week and posting for next time. I will also share a few of my favorite toning exercises. Stay tuned! Oh and I will be throwing in some of the planning process for fun… this past weekend we met with our officate. He was AWESOME and I am so excited to have him marry us. MK really liked him too. We are looking for something unique to do in place of a unity candle. Any ideas?
If you missed last week, click here for the blog post and recap.
Much love to ya!