Exactly 1 month to go until our wedding day. Both MK and I feel beyond blessed and excited for our big day. I have spent more of my time with the wedding planning these past few weeks and work is still super busy so blogging went to the wayside a bit, but I realllllllllly wanted to write a post today so took some “me” time to write.
A few updates since my last wedding series post…
- The dress fits! And it is at home with me. 🙂 The shoes are perfect.. not too tall and the color matches (my dress is ivory over light gold).
- MY MOM IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is excitement you can sense from my words. She got back this past Saturday and is in town until end of May or early June. I am one lucky lady! We are going shopping for her dress Saturday. She is going to look gorgeous. I can’t wait to find her perfect dress!
- We have flower girl dresses and the suits and ties for the guys. I am not one to get excited about ties, but I kinda wish I was a dude for a day so I could wear one of these bad boys MK and I picked out. They are nice! And the flower girl dresses are adorable. My mom is going to add some plum flair (probably just a sash) to them, but for the most part they are complete. I have to say, Macy’s was the place to go for both the flower girl dresses and the ties. Suits we got from Jos A Bank.
- Photographer, officiate, and DJ are paid for. One of the things I am finding with wedding planning is that I love getting certain things completely done. That includes payments. The less I have to worry about on my big day the better.
- No shower. We decided not to have a bridal shower. Most ladies in the South get a million showers, but the part I hate the most about events is the invitation process and accidentally leaving people out. Plus, we really do not need anything. We 100% would rather our peeps donate to charity!
My mom is so cute. She has been wanting a “task” so I have sent her a few to’do’s. She is currently in charge of the party favors (well, getting the stuff ordered b/c then we will make them together) and the welcome bags for any hotel guests coming from out of town. She is also in charge of getting lots of family pictures together.
One of the things I love about a wedding is all the “love” that surrounds it. It is not lost on me that I am able to love another soul because of the love that I have been given throughout my life from family and friends. I cannot express enough gratitude to those important peeps in my life, including the man I am about to marry. Love is a gift meant to be shared, y’all!
So with that, much love to ya…