It’s Tuesday. I am accountable. Are you? Let’s do a little run down of this past week with fitness and nutrition…
- 150 By Summer? I am at 125 so that means only 25 more miles to go to reach my goal. I got this!
- Favorite workout video that Tone It Up has posted this past week? The one today. It was a new bikini series yoga. I loved it! Check it out here… you won’t regret it. It’s perfect if you are new to yoga or do yoga regularly, but want a quick 17 minute series to do after your workout.
- What does the scale say? Well, it’s no fox, that’s for sure. I am not a huge fan of scales and would never advocate weighing all the time or letting the scale judge your fitness/nutrition. The scale is just a tool like a weight is or a yoga mat. Women tend to fixate on the scale number and if that is you, I would recommend limiting your time on the scale. I used to do that. I don’t anymore. So I am fine with weighing myself about once per week. I am very happy with my weight and my size. I gained about 5 pounds when I moved from Houston to Dallas 6 years ago. I have lost those pesky 5 pounds. I know, I know. 5 pounds isn’t much, but my goal is not really to lose weight so 5 pounds feels like a bonus.
- Do I eat perfectly? Absolutely not. In fact, I want to laugh at that thought. I do not eat perfectly. At all! Because what am I? Yep, a human. Do not expect perfection. It sets you up for failure! I eat healthy most of the time, but I HAVE to include sweets every so often or I want to grab a cookie tray and devour the whole thing. Get to know yourself, your body, and that is how you will find YOUR health formula.
Only 1 more update to go and I am done with the Bikini Series with Tone It Up. I love this series! Not sure what I will take on next for fitness, but we’ll see. That’s all part of what keeps me excited about working out and staying healthy.
Yeah, yeah.. so I have missed a couple weeks of these updates. Not on purpose though. I had a good excuse. I was enjoying the beach and ocean breeze. In fact, the past couple weeks I have also been less active on facebook, twitter, instagram, and my phone in general. It’s been glorious I must say. My priorities have changed… in a good way. And that’s just what I needed. So to any of you who are stressing out a bit too much or feel like you can’t ever keep up, take a vacation. Live the island life for a week. It will remind you that life is not about the to do list and staying connected 24/7. It’s about letting go and enjoying all that life has to offer. All that nature has to offer. The little moments. The simple delights if you will (wink!).
Wow, so I went on a tangent there. But, I hope you enjoyed it. Now to the tone it up challenge stuff. It is week 5. How am I doing?
- 66 miles achieved so far towards my goal of 150 miles by summer (June 21st). I walked a lot on my trip, but did not “workout” much. I took my fitbit and just aimed for 10,000 steps per day. Let me tell you, friends, this little device has been awesome to use. On days I do not have time to workout, I just get up more and take breaks throughout the day to reach 10,000 steps. I don’t have to stress about not getting an actual workout in AND I am still active. Win-win!
- The HIIT workout is still one of my faves. I go to this whenever I need a good 20 minute workout in the morning before breakfast. Honestly, some days I look forward to it instead of going for a run or doing some other cardio. I count 20 minutes as 2 miles towards my 150 by summer.
- My biggest goal was to eat more vegetables. Boy, am I doing that. And loving every minute of it. Guess what I had today? Beets! I know, call me crazy.. you would think this health nut eats all sorts of vegetables, but not always. Even I have to think about it and make an effort to increase my consumption. Favorite new vegetable over the past 5 weeks? I’d go with spaghetti squash or fennel. Have you tried those?
Living a healthy lifestyle is about simple and fun choices. It is not about a strict diet, workouts that break your back, or stressing out over this and that. A number on a scale does not define you, but finding everyday joy in your life does. I cannot stress that enough. And that is why I love simple challenges like these. They work for me. They are fun for me. They bring me joy.
And with that, I feel like saying namaste. So, namaste, dear friends.