I have bittersweet news. This is the second to the last Sunday Social. I have always enjoyed this link up so will be sad to see it go. However, there will be a new link up in November so will look forward to that.
This week has been a busy one where every morning has been a “get up and go” type of morning. I love that today I get a break from that. So grab your beverage and let’s get social this morning…
- Favorite month and why. Well, I have two favorite months. I love June because it is my birthday month and I have always enjoyed having a summer birthday. I also love October. The weather is beautiful in Texas in October and it kick starts holiday season.
- Favorite holiday and why. Christmas for sure. I know a lot of people pick Christmas as a favorite, but there is a reason for that. I love getting to see family and spend quality time with them. I love all the lights and decorations. I love the spiritual aspects of Christmas. I love the extra time off. I love Christmas movies, music, and shows. Everyone seems happy around Christmas too!
- Are you getting the new Iphone 6 or are you more of an Android person? I am undecided at this point. I will have to make a choice in January, but for now I am leaning towards switching over to Android. My boyfriend’s phone plan went from $100 to like $30 by switching providers AND switching phones. I may do the same. That’s a huge chunk of savings each month!
- Most thoughtful gift you have ever received from someone. I have a very thoughtful boyfriend so to pick just one is kinda hard. The first time I found out how thoughtful he is was on my 24th birthday. It was our first year of dating and actually had only been together for a few months. He made a scrapbook for me with pictures of all of our little adventures. He hand glued everything and even borrowed some supplies from his crafty sister. It was so cute!
- Something you can’t wait to splurge on. A trip to New Zealand. I think 2015 is the year!
What about you? What is your favorite holiday and why?
I will be honest with you. I am not quite ready to start drinking Fall drinks, decorate for Fall, or wear Fall clothing. The ONLY reason why I am not ready is because it is still pretty flippin’ hot outside here in the big D. No scarves are in my future until about Thanksgiving.
But what about you? Are you ready for Fall? I do love the season so am totally fine with talking about it. And that is just what we are doing for today’s Sunday Social with Neely and Ashley. Let’s hit it…
- What is your favorite part of Fall? Fireside chats. Fall reminds me of having friends by a fire pit, just chatting about life. And I love that!
- Do you have anything special planned for Fall? My boyfriend and I are talking about that next step so heck yeah we have something special planned for Fall. Can’t reveal it yet though… and really, we don’t have anything set in stone so for now the “special” part is just anticipation. But really.. isn’t anticipation at least half of the fun anyway?!
- What is Fall like in your area? It’s crisp and I finally get to drive around with my top down… no, not that top silly. It ain’t Mardi Gras! 😉 But seriously, May/June and Oct/Nov are the only months I get to FULLY enjoy my convertible and I savor every moment of it that I can.
- What is your favorite Football team to cheer for? Are you kidding me? I would rather watch the half time show. If there is one.
- Do you decorate for Fall? I do a tad. Well, really for each holiday and not for Fall directly. So, I have not started decorating yet b/c I wait until October to start decorating for Halloween.
So now tell me, what is your favorite part of Fall?
Howdy, y’all! I think I have Big Tex on the brain. Only a couple more weeks until the Texas State Fair and of course, we are getting closer to Fall too. I love Fall. The weather in Dallas this weekend was more fall-esque than summer. It was in the 70’s and heavenly. Please stay awhile, weather! Anyway, it is Sunday so time for Sunday Social. This one is all about a few favorites…
- Favorite Scent: Currently, I will have to go with Vanilla Chai. I bought a Vanilla Chai candle from Bath & Body Works and I absolutely love it. When I am having a somewhat stressful day with work to do’s, I light this while working. It really does take at least a little of the stress away. I think of Fall, cooler weather, warm blankets, cozy fireplaces, and hot tea. A few of my favorite things… simple delights if you will.
- Favorite Food: Can I be 100% honest with you? My all-time favorite meal is one that I have at least 4 times per week and sometimes every single day. I LOVE it. It never gets old. This will be my go-to meal for life. I just know it. Anyway, drum roll please… my favorite food is peanut butter toast. I prefer freshly baked sourdough bread or Ezekial brand pita with chunky, natural peanut butter, topped with cinnamon, a drizzle of honey, and either raisins or sliced banana. Yum, yum, yum!!!!
- Favorite Sound: Any water sounds. I like the sound of rain hitting the window. I also like the sound of waves hitting the shore. Me love H2O!
- Favorite Picture currently on your phone: Me loving on my cat, Cali. She is my baby. And I don’t care if you call me the cat lady. I am one proud cat mama. Pets ROCK!
- Best memory of the year so far: I love all of my memories from this year so far, but I would say the best was visiting Hawaii. I am a beach girl at heart, even when living in concrete city. I loved being by the beach and, of course, spending time with my cousin-in-law and her son. Making memories in an awesome place with loved ones is perfection in my book.
What is your best memory of the year so far?
Last week was the first time in a LONG time that I missed Sunday Social, but I am back at it today. We are all about “5 things” today. Ready to jump in? Let’s go!
- 5 things you want us to know about you. I am going to keep these pretty random- 1) I love animals… oftentimes more than humans. They don’t gossip, call people names, or make relationships confusing… they just love. 2) I’ve lived in all 3 big metro areas of Texas (Houston, DFW, & Austin area). 3) My strongest sense is smell. Different scents remind me of certain things from my past and I love the heck out of candles. 4) I still send snail mail. My grandma is my pen pal and it rocks. 5) I love airports. In fact, I like to have around an hour to roam around before my flight. A cup of tea and the Ipod makes me smile the whole time I roam too.
- 5 favorite things about blogging. I love a lot about blogging so this will be easy. 1) Networking with other bloggers and friends from all over. 2) Blogging reminds me to take more pictures of simple things. 3) Blogging led me to Instagram, which is definitely my favorite social media platform. 4) I get to write a lot and I really do like writing. 5) Most importantly, I hope that through blogging I am inspiring others to live or maintain a healthy, happy life.
- 5 things you are doing before the year is over. 1) Going to Colorado for a White Christmas. 2) Attending a Rangers game. 3) Seeing a comedy tour (pumped about Louis C.K.). 4) Decorating the house for Halloween better than last year.. heck, I may even dress up for the trick-or-treaters this year. 5) Helping my best friend move back to Texas. Okay, that one isn’t for sure yet but I am REALLY hoping it happens. 😉
- 5 favorite fall fashion staples. I am not a fashionable person by nature, but I do know what I like so will give this a shot. 1) Scarves.. hello, they scream fall. 2) Boots and I don’t discriminate, I like all types. 3) Skinny jeans. I used to hate jeans until I met my favorite pair of skinny jeans. 4) Simple jackets. They allow you to wear any of your t-shirts and tanks underneath so you don’t have to go buy every sweater known to man. 5) Hoodies. I love a good hoodie, especially whenever I am at home lounging around. My favorite ones are from Victoria’s Secret because they are unbelievably comfortable.
- 5 favorite beauty products. 1)My top has to be the Unblemish line of Rodan + Fields. It has changed my life for the better. Thank you, Mindee, for introducing me to this. 2) Bare Minerals. Until someone introduces me to a different (and better) make up line, I will stick to the powder foundation and eye shadow from Bare Minerals. 3) Black eyeliner and mascara. I don’t really care what brand it is, but I always have some on hand. 4) Bronzer. My current one is from Chanel and I like it. 5) Eos chapstick. A girl can never leave home without chapstick. Am I right?!
Have a great Sunday, friends!
Happy Sunday, friends! Matt and I are about to head out to the country to ride motorcycles. Well, I ride.. he drives. I never thought I would enjoy riding on the back of one, but oh my goodness are they fun. Especially in the country!
I hope whatever you have planned today is delightful to you!
Before I leave, I wanted to participate in Sunday Social. You know I love it! And this one has a question about Fall. I don’t know one female that does not look forward to Fall when it comes.
- What are you most looking forward to about Fall? The scents and pumpkins. My favorite candle scents are Fall flavors for sure. Pumpkin spice, anyone?
- What is your favorite sports team? I am not the girl that fancy’s watching sports on TV. So, with that fact.. can I really be a full fledged fan?! Probably not. But if we are choosing favorite teams, I will go with the Texas Rangers. I have enjoyed going to the stadium(s) since I was a little girl.
- If you could go back to college is there one thing you would change? I wish I would have started in Nutrition all those years ago instead of fully going back to school for it. I graduated with a business degree the first time. Although, I can’t say I regret it. But, I do wish I would have at least minored in Nutrition or explored it more the first go-round. Oh and I do always say that I wish I stuck with the dance team. I quit after a year and half.
- What was your first class you ever took? We had to take this class called University Seminar to get you fully ready for college. I enjoyed it. I laughed at the teacher quite often… he was a retired clown and sure looked (and acted) the part. I could almost see his clown shoes and painted smile every time I looked at him. Once a clown always a clown?!
- Reach into your purse and name the first thing you grab. Sticky socks. I always have a pair in my purse. I never know when I am going to want to take or teach a Pure Barre class. Or any other class that requires sticky socks. It seems like a lot do these days.
Let’s dig in to a little Sunday Social. I am naming this one splurge, because it just sounds fun! Grab your coffee or tea and let’s get to it. Comment your answer to one of the questions too.. don’t be shy!
Questions of the week are:
- One item you wish you could splurge on right now. A blog makeover. I like my design and all, but feel ready for something fresh and new. Now that I have been in the blogging world for almost a year, I have taken notes on what specifics I want and don’t want. But, paying someone to design my blog is expensive so I am holding off for now. For the bloggers, how often do you change up your blog look (if at all)?
- If you had an entire weekend with no plans what would you do? I would finally go kayaking with my younger brother and get my brothers and friends together for sand volleyball. I have not played enough sand volleyball this summer. Must.Play.Soon.
- Next place you are visiting outside your current city. Silverthorne, Colorado. I am thrilled! Going at the end of this month for Labor day weekend to see my parents, enjoy nature, and get away for a long weekend.
My parent’s place in the winter.
- Are you a neat freak or a clutter bug? This is a funny question and I actually fall somewhere in between. I am no neat freak, but I also hate clutter. I will let clutter pile up for a very limited amount of time so probably de-clutter each area once or twice per week. Does that qualify me as a neat freak? Most neat freaks I know de-clutter daily or multiple times per day. Not me.
- Favorite summer purchase. Plane tickets. My favorite purchases have and always will be on travel. Memories are best made on trips!
I am a little late to the Sunday Social game today, but better late than never. Right?! 😉 I had a crazy morning, but it turned out to be a wonderful Sunday. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday as well. This week’s questions are all about choosing ONE of something.
Questions of the week are:
- One show that you would love to see on Netflix that isn’t there. Any of the HBO shows. Why oh why can’t HBO cut a deal with Netflix?!?! I know, I know. They like to compete. I see how it is. But, Dave Grohl with the Foo Fighters is premiering his new show, Sonic Highways, on HBO. My boyfriend and I are dying to see it. We may get HBO just for that. Dave Grohl is pretty freakin’ awesome and talented!
- One song you wish they would play more of on the radio. I can’t help myself (sugar pie, honey bunch). I love the heck out of this song. The Temptations, or any Motown artist for that matter, could use more air time. I wouldn’t mind one bit.
- One favorite song you sing loudly in the car. Lately it’s been “One Sweet Love” by Sara Bareilles. It doesn’t come on the radio much that I know of, but I have it on my Itunes. Love it! I don’t sing like her, but I sure like to pretend I do.
- One movie or TV show that you quote the most. This might actually be a tie between Billy Madison and The Sandlot. And I will be honest, it has been that way since I was a teenager. I loved these two movies growing up and watched them endlessly. I never got bored. So now, when the world needs a good quote or I find it applicable, I will throw in a little “For-ev-errrr”, “Chlorophyl, more like Borophyl,” or my favorite, “That is corrrrrrreeect.” Oh man do I miss me some Chris Farley.
- One silly thing you do daily. Talk to my cat. I know she cannot understand me, but I just love that thing to pieces!!!!!!
We have some simple questions lined up for today’s Sunday Social and I LOVE it!
Gum or mints? Mints all the way. I used to be a gum fanatic and literally would have gum after every meal or snack. But, I thought about it long and hard and decided I didn’t want to be a regular smacker. I mean, some people REALLY smack gum without even knowing it. I did not want that to be me so I gave gum up late last year. I now regularly turn to Altoids smalls.
Tea or coffee? I am a tea girl through and through. At times I can even cross the “tea snob” line. But, what can I say, I love a good cup of hot tea! Only every so often will I want a cup of coffee… love the smell, but not a big fan of the taste. Maybe I just haven’t had a reallllly good cup yet?!
Fruits or veggies? Fruit. I have always loved fruit and easily eat 3 or more per day. Veggies are extremely nutritious and I love them too, but it does take a more conscious effort to eat more veggies.
TV or movies? TV. Surprisingly, I had this conversation with my brothers on Friday. I made the statement that I love TV shows, because you get a “break” in between episodes. When we watch TV at night, I would much rather sit through 40 or so minutes, break for a bit, and then watch another episode. Sitting for an hour and 30 minute to 2 hours all at once isn’t for me to do on the regular. I either fall asleep or get antsy.
Candles or diffusers? Candles. In fact, I have one lit right now and it is “Lanikai Coconut”. Love the smell! I also love the light from candles so will often work or do a little yoga in candlelight. It is so peaceful!
Thanks for joining in on Sunday Social! Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Sunday.
It’s Sunday Social time. The theme for today is “items”. I am sitting here with my warm lemon water and peanut butter toast, enjoying my Sunday morning. I hope you are having a splendid Sunday as well. 😉
This week’s questions are below..
- 3 favorite songs right now: I have a lot of all time favorites, but will stick to current songs for this question. 1) Dierks Bentley’s Drunk on a Plane. Not sure why I like it, but it makes me smile when I hear it and all I think about it is how fun it’d be to be on that plane (Mardi Gras up in the clouds, anyone?!). 2) Classic by MKTO. I love the way this song makes me want to dance. It reminds me of Jackson 5 a tad. 3) Really Don’t Care by Demi Lovato. I like her. Plus, Cher Lloyd is on the track and I like her too.
- 3 favorite movies that remind you of summer: 1) Billy Madison. I haven’t seen it in awhile, but I used to watch it ALL the time, especially in the summer. 2) Hitch. It’s so cute and they do some summer-like activities on their dates. Why isn’t Will Smith in any movies lately?! Love him. 3) Grease. I spent many summers singing songs from this with my friend, Hailee. I wasn’t good. She was. But we both had a blast!
- 3 favorite articles of clothing you own: I am going with 3 favorite articles of clothing I own for summer.. 1) The new top I bought from Lorna Jane (pic below). It is super comfortable! Side note, I am loving this brand and all that they stand for. 2) Shorts for summer. Gap and LC are my two fave brands for shorts. 3) Comfortable long skirts. I got two from Target. Mossimo rocks!
- 3 items on your wish list: 1) Yoga certification through Uptown Yoga in Dallas. But really, I am saving up for this to purchase myself. I call it my “yoga fund.” Hoping for mid year 2015. 2) Spanish course. I want to learn Spanish fully and be able to speak it fluently. Consider it a long term goal. 3) A trip to anywhere. That will ALWAYS be on my wish list. I love to travel!
- 3 books you would recommend to someone: 1) Anything by Brene Brown. I think she is fantastic. Daring Greatly was the last one I read. 2) The Happiness Project. Currently reading it. It was recommended to me by Neely. I like how this can apply to everyone. 3) If you like suspense, anything by James Patterson. My dad has been lending me some of his books and they are page turners. I have enjoyed the two I have read so far.
Happy Sunday from H-town! Today’s Sunday Social is a mixture of different types of questions. So, let’s call it “the mix”. I like to have names for my Sunday Social posts… call it a quirk if you want. 😉
Alright, you know the drill. Let’s get to the questions brought to us by Neely and Ashley, shall we?!
This week’s questions:
- What is the most difficult thing you have been through? I have two that have been equally difficult for two very different reasons. I lost my uncle at the age of 11. He was a bright light in my world (and in the world of my two brothers). We were young and it was tough. I still think about him to this day and often wonder what he would think about a certain situation, what he would say, etc. I don’t think we are ever prepared enough for the death of a loved one, but this was my very first real experience with it. Second, was March of 2003 when the 507th maintenance company of the US Army was ambushed. My brother was involved. I was a freshman in college and I remember crying, praying, and writing in my journal pretty regularly. It was tough. I am very close to my older brother and cannot imagine life without him. He made it out alive. He escaped and was not a prisoner of war, but he lost fellow soldiers and friends. He gave the eulogy to a buddy of his. This experience has had a huge impact on his life, needless to say. He has been struggling here and there ever since (like many war veterans), but he is resilient, strong, and a really damn good person. I thank God every day for him!
- What was your best birthday? I used to say my 21st and it is still one of my favorites, but now I am going to say my 30th. I had a “beach” day in Dallas, where there is no beach around for miles. We went to Sandbar in Dallas.. check it out if you are in the area. You will fall in love. Especially if you are up for a little sand volleyball.
- What has been your favorite thing you’ve done in your own city? I would say to see #2 above, but it is technically not in the city I currently live in. I live in the ‘burbs. So in Rowlett, my favorite thing to do is mountain bike on the trails here. Haven’t been in a long while, but this question reminds me that I need to get on it.
- What is your idea of the perfect date night? I love any type of date night. But, if I had to pick a “perfect” date night, I would say to get dressed up (not super fancy, but at least a cute & casual dress), grab a take-away dinner from Central Market or Jason’s Deli, and listen to an outdoor jazz (or other music genre) concert where we can eat our food and listen to the tunes. Maybe even dance a little after we are done eating. Then, afterwards, hit up a comedy show to laugh our asses off.
- Have you ever been to a blogging conference? If so, which one(s)? If not, do you want to? I have never been to one, but REALLY want to. If anyone knows of any good ones (and reasonably priced), please let me know. Wish DFW area would have one!