This is our last week of the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. It has been so fun doing this series and I hope you have enjoyed it as well. If you missed Katherine last week, you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we will get to know Caroline. She has been teaching at Pure Barre Dallas for over 4 years and is a Registered Nurse.
- What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Okra, Brussels sprouts, and edamame.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? A protein bar/smoothie/shake, Greek yogurt, and coffee before and after. 🙂
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? Definitely don’t starve yourself… smaller, more frequent meals help keep my blood sugar stable so I don’t get starving and can make healthy decisions. But I am also a big advocate for listening to my sweet tooth… a little dark chocolate is good for the soul!
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I played college soccer and haven’t touched a soccer ball since I graduated.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? I learn to embrace the uncomfortable (whether in life or working out) because that is where we grow and see change.
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I have been teaching since we opened in June 2010 and love being able to encourage women and walk alongside them wherever they are in their fitness journeys. It’s the most amazing feeling to see someone work so hard consistently over time and then get to see firsthand the fruit of their effort and commitment.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Seat work because it forces me to mentally engage, but I will always love the burn of a good thigh sprint!
Even though this was our last week of the Teacher series, I hope to do this again in the future. If you have any questions you want answered by our teachers, be sure to comment on the blog or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for stopping by!
We are almost done with our Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. It is week 11. If you missed Marissa last week, you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we will get to know our newest teacher, Katherine. She is a science teacher and comes to us from Jackson, Mississippi.
- What is your favorite fruit? Green apples and Nutella (the apples balance it out, right?).
- What is your favorite vegetable? My go to vegetable is a red bell pepper. However, recently I have become obsessed with Brussels sprouts!
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? Pre: red bull or coffee. Post: red bull or coffee!? I will be the first to admit that I love me some caffeine.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I am a big believer in not restricting yourself. Be mindful about what you put into your body, but on the rare occasions when you just need french fries or pizza– enjoy! Life is too short not to partake in cheesy goodness! Also, try cutting out meat, or at least red meat, from your diet (even if only for one day a week). I stopped eating meat almost 2 years ago and trust me, your body will thank you.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I am VERY grossed out and afraid when people walk around while brushing their teeth (I know, crazy!). It’s just not normal to foam at the mouth like that. Stand in front of the sink and brush those teeth. No need to walk around. Brush and be done with it! Also, I am a neurotic cleaner. Sweeping leads to mopping… and two hours later I have scrubbed the house from top to bottom.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Enjoy! Enjoy life and everything you have. Give yourself (and those around you) a break. Enjoy your friends, family, pets, pizza, and life a little more! Try smiling more and complaining less. Happiness is contagious- pass it on!
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I have been teaching for over two years. I love how wonderful (and always challenging) the workouts are. I love that I can get a fantastic full body workout done in an hour and crave more the next day! I am a Pure Barre and caffeine addict.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Thighs is my favorite section… I don’t know if I have a favorite move, but I do have favorite combos! Knee dancing, chair, and waterski?! Yes, please! Make it shake and hurt all over!
Wow, that is one killer combo! It will definitely get those thighs shaking. Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for next week’s Q&A sesh with Caroline B. It is the final Q&A in this series.
It is officially week 10 of the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. If you missed Caley last week, have no fret… you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we will get to know Marissa. She is from California and moved to Texas to attend SMU. We are lucky she loved Dallas and chose to stay around after graduating! 😉
- What is your favorite fruit? Avocado and Mango… I could live off guacamole!
- What is your favorite vegetable? Carrots and zucchini – they are so versatile. I love baking carrots with olive oil and dill, or shredding them up to put into breads/muffins.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I love Power Crunch protein bars, or dates with almond butter.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I try to drink lots of water and green tea throughout the day. Green tea helps keep me stay energized without getting too jittery from caffeine overload. I also limit carbs at night, replacing them with lots of veggies.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I am a black belt in karate. And, I love to cook – it’s one of my favorite past time activities. 🙂
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? One of my favorite quotes is by Audrey Hepburn: “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.” I love this quote because I tend to be a stress case quite often, and this reminds me to take a step back, be happy, and everything else will fall into place.
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I have been teaching for almost 2 years now. I love the upbeat tempo of class, the positive energy of our clients and teachers, and the happy atmosphere in the studio!
- Favorite Pure Barre move? Pretzel! You can feel it burn every time 🙂 LTB!
I had no clue Marissa was a black belt in karate until now. Way cool! And you know I agree with her about green tea. Drink up, friends! Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for next week’s Q&A sesh with Katherine.
Alright, dear friends, we are approaching week 9 of the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series for What to Eat Wednesday. If you missed Jan-Allison last week, have no fret… you can click here to learn all about her. This week, we take a look at Caley. She is a student at SMU and comes to us from the beautiful state of Colorado.
- What is your favorite fruit? Avocados and Strawberries.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Ice cream…. I wish. But, I love adding peppers to my meals.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I always try to eat something within 45 minutes of working out. I like to make a mixed berry and banana smoothie with protein powder.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I snack all day long and try to drink water every 30 minutes to keep my metabolism running fast. I also try not to eat dinner past 8pm. I feel so much better waking up in the morning if I don’t go to bed on a really full stomach.
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I will be graduating in May 2015 from SMU, double majoring in Advertising and Fashion Media. I hope to one day work as the ad director for a major fashion magazine or as an entertainment television host and have the opportunity to travel the world as part of my job.
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? My absolute favorite quote is by CoCo Chanel. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” I think it’s so important to know who you are and love who you are, because once you know yourself you can capitalize on your unique qualities and truly be irreplaceable. 🙂 Oh, and on a more lighthearted note she also says, “a girl must be two things: classy and fabulous”- who could argue with that?
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I‘ve been teaching Pure Barre for about a year now. My favorite thing about teaching is seeing clients leave the studio in a better mood than when they walked in the front door. It makes me feel great to know that Pure Barre is a positive, uplifting environment that makes women feel great about themselves. I also LOVE our Pure Barre community. We couldn’t ask for a better team at Pure Barre Dallas and I’m so thankful for the amazing girls I work with.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? The motivating music is one of my very favorite things about Pure Barre, but my favorite exercise is knee dancing. It takes thighs 2 & 3 to the next level and really pushes me to stay strong and work really hard through the extra shaking.
I love what Caley said about knowing yourself, loving yourself, and capitalizing on YOUR unique qualities. I so agree! We still have a few more teachers to showcase so stay tuned next week as the Pure Barre Dallas Teacher Series continues.
It’s Wednesday so you know what that means… What to Eat Wednesday Teacher Series! It is now officially week 8. Did you get a chance to learn more about Cori last week? If not, check her out here. This week, it’s all about Jan-Allison. This Louisianian has been teaching for Pure Barre Dallas for almost four years now and has a passion for fitness. I am sure we could all learn a thing or two from her so let’s get to the Q&A…
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas and apples.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Kale.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? A banana with peanut butter (I love peanut butter) before workout and/or a toxin flush drink from Nekter Juice Bar in Snider Plaza after workout. I love all of their juices.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? Don’t skip breakfast. Even though I’m not that hungry in the morning, I’ve realized how important it is to eat breakfast. Even if it’s something small, it gives me more energy throughout the day and gets my metabolism going. And drink LOTS of water!!
- Tell me a random/fun fact about you. I’m from Louisiana and went to LSU….so I love all things Cajun and I could possibly be the LSU Tigers #1 fan. Haha Geaux Tigers! Also, I recently got engaged!! We are planning to get married sometime next year near the beach/water. The beach is my favorite place to be. 🙂
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Live life with purpose. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose. And on a lighter note: Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Cajun French for “let the good times roll!”)
- How long have you been teaching Pure Barre? I‘ve been teaching Pure Barre for 4 years and I have loved every minute of it!! I am a firm believer in the technique and love getting to know the clients and helping them achieve their fitness goals. Hearing success stories and seeing clients hard work and dedication make our job so fulfilling.
- Favorite Pure Barre move? I know I’m crazy, but I love lunge! It’s a full body workout and so challenging. Lift tone and burn!!
Love, love, love that motto! And congrats to Jan-Allison and her fiance. We are so excited for her! Well, I sure hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned next week for the next Q&A.
I am changing things up a bit for the next several Wednesdays. We’ll call it Pure Barre Dallas Teacher series and get to know some of the teachers and their nutrition tricks. If you didn’t know before today, Pure Barre Dallas is actually how What to Eat Wednesday started. I am a teacher at Pure Barre Dallas and Beth, the studio owner, asked me if I wanted to blog every Wednesday about nutrition. I did not say yes. I said hell yes! And so here I am…
So today, I give you the Q&A I had with one of our beloved teachers who just moved away from us to Brooklyn, NY. She is still teaching Pure Barre AND will always be a member of the Pure Barre Dallas team. Meet Caroline Jennings (aka CJ)…
- What is your favorite fruit? Hmmm, I love fruit! Some of my favorites are berries, pineapple, mango, and watermelon.
- What is your favorite vegetable? I also love veggies! Probably avocados, tomatoes (I think both of those are actually fruits!), and carrots.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I love smoothies.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I swear by the Weight Watcher’s mentality – everything in moderation! I have a sweet almost everyday, but always limit myself to a small serving size. I have the biggest sweet tooth
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Even though I’m not a religious person, I love the Serenity prayer, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- How long have you been teaching pure barre and what is your favorite thing about teaching? I’ve been teaching almost 4 years! I’m so happy to be able to continue my love for Pure Barre in Brooklyn. I love the clients and swear by the technique.
- Favorite Pure barre move? Definitely fetal!
As a Dietitian/Nutritionist, I absolutely agree with CJ on the health trick above. When we restrict foods, we often crave them even more. You have to find what works best for you and your body!
Stay tuned next week for the Q&A sesh with Amanda.