Lately, I am all about the cuke! It’s an easy vegetable to eat raw and it pleases most people’s taste buds. It goes nicely sliced into a salad or even on a sandwich. I sometimes even sprinkle a little sea salt on it and have it as a side dish or snack. Never thought salt would be good on cucumber until my old roommate taught me that trick. Now, I am loving it!
At 16 calories a cup, cucumbers will not stick to that waistline. And they are so versatile. In addition to the above, you can also use cucumbers…
- By chopping them up and putting them into your favorite chicken or tuna salad recipe
- By slicing into thin slices to mix into your favorite cole slaw
- By putting slices into water to make a refreshing cucumber water.. hello, spa day!
- By juicing fresh cucumber along with your other favorite ingredients (like green apple, ginger, and lemon perhaps)
- By chopping them up and making a tabouli or couscous salad
- By stuffing slices into a pita or wrap
- By cutting into thicker slices to dip into hummus
So many ways… so many ideas. How do you like your cuke?