Everyone has them. Everyone wants them. Everyone likes them. We’re talking relationships! And no, not just romantic relationships, but all sorts. After all, you’ve gotta “love the ones your with!”
Grab a cup of coffee or tea and let’s get social with Neely and Ashley! Here are this week’s questions…
- Tell us about the family you grew up in: parents, siblings, grandparents. I grew up in the DFW area of Texas with both of my parents and two brothers. One brother is 3 years older and the other is 2 1/2 years younger. My grandparents have never lived super close. I have one set that live in Webster City, Iowa, and they still reside there. The other set lived in Sioux City, Iowa, until I was in middle school or high school. They moved to New Braunfels, Texas, and have lived there ever since. Family is very important to me so I try to keep in touch with all of my extended family as well.
- Tell us about your husband, fiance, boyfriend, significant other. I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 6 years now. We have learned a lot from each other and continue to grow. It is awesome to see, really. We are similar in some ways, but different in others and balance each other out. He is very intelligent, music-oriented, goal-oriented, responsible, organized, and is the “planner” of us two. I hate making decisions, but he is good at making decisions. And get this… he LIKES a clean house so rarely leaves the house a mess. I LOVE that! Hahaha.. it’s the little things.
- Tell us about your children. If you don’t have children, talk about your fur children. I do not have children yet, but I have a cat that I love to the moon and back. Her name is Cali (after one of my favorite states, California). I have also inherited several more from the boyfriend and love them just the same. Each cat has his/her own personality and it is fun to watch. Pets can change your life for the better… I strongly believe that! Cali has taught me to appreciate moments and to love fully.
- Tell us about your best friends. How long have you known them? How did you meet? My best friends are from different stages of life and I have several. However, the two that have known me the longest are Marcena and Molly. I have known them for 28 years. Since I was two at the time, I am not really sure how we met, but it was definitely through our moms. They were a part of a Mother’s Day Out group or something similar. These two girls are like sisters to me!
- Tell us about any other special people in your life. I am definitely a people-person! I feel lucky and blessed to have the friends, family, and even acquaintances that I do. I think a huge part of life is about connection with others and I hope that my past, present, and future is full of awesome connections!