Happy Sunday from H-town! Today’s Sunday Social is a mixture of different types of questions. So, let’s call it “the mix”. I like to have names for my Sunday Social posts… call it a quirk if you want. 😉
Alright, you know the drill. Let’s get to the questions brought to us by Neely and Ashley, shall we?!
This week’s questions:
- What is the most difficult thing you have been through? I have two that have been equally difficult for two very different reasons. I lost my uncle at the age of 11. He was a bright light in my world (and in the world of my two brothers). We were young and it was tough. I still think about him to this day and often wonder what he would think about a certain situation, what he would say, etc. I don’t think we are ever prepared enough for the death of a loved one, but this was my very first real experience with it. Second, was March of 2003 when the 507th maintenance company of the US Army was ambushed. My brother was involved. I was a freshman in college and I remember crying, praying, and writing in my journal pretty regularly. It was tough. I am very close to my older brother and cannot imagine life without him. He made it out alive. He escaped and was not a prisoner of war, but he lost fellow soldiers and friends. He gave the eulogy to a buddy of his. This experience has had a huge impact on his life, needless to say. He has been struggling here and there ever since (like many war veterans), but he is resilient, strong, and a really damn good person. I thank God every day for him!
- What was your best birthday? I used to say my 21st and it is still one of my favorites, but now I am going to say my 30th. I had a “beach” day in Dallas, where there is no beach around for miles. We went to Sandbar in Dallas.. check it out if you are in the area. You will fall in love. Especially if you are up for a little sand volleyball.
- What has been your favorite thing you’ve done in your own city? I would say to see #2 above, but it is technically not in the city I currently live in. I live in the ‘burbs. So in Rowlett, my favorite thing to do is mountain bike on the trails here. Haven’t been in a long while, but this question reminds me that I need to get on it.
- What is your idea of the perfect date night? I love any type of date night. But, if I had to pick a “perfect” date night, I would say to get dressed up (not super fancy, but at least a cute & casual dress), grab a take-away dinner from Central Market or Jason’s Deli, and listen to an outdoor jazz (or other music genre) concert where we can eat our food and listen to the tunes. Maybe even dance a little after we are done eating. Then, afterwards, hit up a comedy show to laugh our asses off.
- Have you ever been to a blogging conference? If so, which one(s)? If not, do you want to? I have never been to one, but REALLY want to. If anyone knows of any good ones (and reasonably priced), please let me know. Wish DFW area would have one!