Sunday Social this week is taking it way back! Grab your cup of tea or coffee and let’s get social. Here are the questions this week:
1. Biggest middle school fashion mistake. I was all tomboy in 7th grade. I had a love affair with Tommy Hilfiger collared shirts and baggy pants. Oh, and I would always wear my hair in a bun with a scrunchy. Thank goodness the next year I snapped out of it!
2. Who were your best friends in high school? Pics? I was on the dance team in high school so most of my besties were also on the dance team. We spent a lot of time together! I also still had my best friends from childhood and my best friend from middle school. Here is a pic from my 15th birthday:
3. What was a typical weekend like for you in high school? I remember hanging out with friends quite a bit on the weekends. Sometimes we would even toilet paper houses or prank call people. I did go through that phase! I also liked to be outside quite a bit so would sometimes play tennis with my mom or walk with my friend Katie. Oh and how can I forget horseback riding?! I used to ride horses regularly in high school so would drive with my mom to Palestine for that at least once per month on the weekend for that.
4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends? Tell us about that. I did. I had a boyfriend named Robert and we dated my sophomore and junior year. He was my first boyfriend and boy was he a charmer! That started a trend for me and I stuck with charmers for awhile, but those were the relationships that fizzled so I have cut that trend out. Charmers charm other girls too!
5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets! In middle school I sure did. Our secret names were one of the Seven Dwarfs in Snow White. We would pass around a journal and write notes to each other in it using those names. I was Sleepy. Not sure if you can count that as a code, but it was our code. If we dropped that book no one would know who it belonged to. And that is how we wanted it.
6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be? I don’t live in the past so do not particularly want to relive any middle school or high school moment. I had fun and the memories are all I need!