September and October are the busiest months for me with work. November might be too, but I am hoping it slows a bit. We’ll see. Since I work for a benefits company, we work hard during these months to prepare for the new calendar year. So with that, I have been distant from my computer (and this blog) lately.
Since it has been awhile, it is only fitting to give a little update. I am at 25 weeks today! Little guy is growing a ton. Want to see Prego the Cat?
What I love about being pregnant so far:
- Feeling little guy kick. He has been very active lately and especially likes to move whenever I am hungry or sitting/laying down.
- 2nd trimester energy. I know I am almost out of the 2nd trimester, but I hope I can hold on to this energy as long as I can. I enjoy working out right now (with modifications, of course)!
- How nice people are to me. I don’t know if it is solely because I am pregnant, but I love how nice people are right now. I have had doors held for me by strangers and the women that I workout with are so motivating and always tell me how great I am doing.
- My brother asking me how his nephew is doing. Little guy is already bringing joy to the family.
- Not really caring too much about nutrition. I know, I know.. I am a pregnant dietitian. Shouldn’t I care? I think as long as baby is getting calories and I am taking my prenatal, all is well in the world. Some foods simply do not appeal to me right now so eating 5 vegetables a day is not going to happen. I don’t overeat simply because it is uncomfortable if/when I do so I eat what I can and what I want at that time. It really is interesting to see how taste buds change with pregnancy.
I had a virus earlier this week and then my husband caught it. It was such a scare. I ended up passing out during one of my vomiting episodes (I had 9 different vomiting episodes by the way… my poor body!) and it scared me so bad we went to the hospital. I didn’t know if passing out could affect the baby so we had to be safe. That hospital bill won’t be fun to look at, but at least it gave me peace of mind. Little guy’s heartbeat was fine the whole time. Thank God! We are feeling back to normal today. I think we may celebrate with a yoga class and a Starbucks tea (holiday cups, anyone?).
Hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween! Welcome to November.