I love cuddling up and watching a movie every now and then. Although, if you ask MK, I don’t always see the whole movie. I have a tendency to fall asleep EVERY stinkin’ time! I try to stay awake, but I rarely do unless we watch something early in the day. Or sometimes I will fall asleep for a good chunk of the middle, but wake up before it is completely over and then act like I saw the whole thing. MK always catches me though.
Some movies are super inspiring! Today I focus on movies that inspire fitness specifically. And my determining factor for this list is simply that the movie 1) has some type of physical activity included, 2) is inspiring, and 3) is one I can watch more than once.
Drum roll, please….. Bri’s top 5 movies that inspire fitness are:
- The Sandlot. This had to make the list. Who didn’t want to join a neighborhood game of softball or baseball after watching this when younger? Or at the VERY least get together with a group of friends and hang out outside. They are outside ALL THE TIME and doing what kids should be doing on the regular. I never get sick of this movie and will watch it FOR-EV-ERRRRR!
- Dirty Dancing. This movie may be about love and not putting Baby in a corner, but it’s also about dancing and doing something you have passion for. I love to dance and grew up dancing so this movie has always had a spot in my heart. Plus, I think I have watched it a trillion times. I am sure you have to. Am I right?!?
- Shag. Some have heard of this movie while others have not, but it was a childhood favorite of mine. Again, it made my list because of the dancing. I always wanted to be like Pudge and enter a dance contest (and hopefully win!).
- Rocky. How could I not put this on the list?! Eye of the Tiger is a staple “motivating” song! Rocky kicks butt and works hard to do so. I’ve never wanted to be a boxer myself, but I
- Mighty Ducks. I guess I am still stuck in childhood whenever I think of inspiring fitness movies. 🙂 I remember as a kid feeling so inspired after watching The Mighty Ducks. They overcame adversity and worked as a team!
I could add more to this list, but the above are movies that inspire all sorts of fitness endeavors. There is no one size fits all fitness prescription and I TOTALLY dig that! Everyone is on their own fitness journey. Dance movies always inspire me to dance more and I love that.