I like berries, how ’bout you?
I’ve got berries on the brain today… so ya know what?! I am going to share with you 8 FUN ways I like to incorporate berries into my lifestyle. Maybe one will strike your fancy. Or maybe you already have a fun way that you incorporate berries and would like to share. You can always comment, you know. I would give you a gold star.
You ready… let the countdown begin:
- Mix frozen berries into a smoothie. This is a given and any berry will do. It takes a ho hum smoothie to ho yum! Just don’t go overboard… you don’t want your smoothie to be ALL fruit. Throw in that spinach too!
- Make trail mix with goji berries. I love trail mix, but most store bought trail mixes have a ton of added sugars or candies. I love to buy mixed nuts and throw in a few dark chocolate chips, along with a pinch of dried goji berries. A bag of goji berries can be a bit pricey, but honestly one bag lasts me at least 3 months. Dried cranberries work well too!
- Top oatmeal with fresh berries. Do you make your own oatmeal? It can be a bit boring completely plain, right? Throw in a little honey and mixed berries, plus a few sliced almonds or walnuts. Spice it up with cinnamon too. Hello, delish dish!
- Let frozen strawberries thaw a tad and pour a bit of plain kefir over it. It’s like a berry delight! I haven’t done this in awhile, but I used to do this in place of dessert and it satisfied my sweet craving. I am a huge cinnamon fan so of course used cinnamon too.
- Freshen up water. We all know we need to drink more water, but we don’t always want water. Well, fresh berry water will change your mind a bit. You WILL want water with some fresh blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries mixed in. Plus, it adds pretty color to your water.
- Add blueberries to your pancake mix. I like to make a protein pancake every once in awhile (I use a recipe from Tone It Up) and add whole blueberries to the mix when I want a bit of berry goodness. You could add them to any pancake mix I bet. That, or use them as a topping!
- Eat them plain. I had to add this. All berries taste so good, even on their own. Wash, slice, and take a bite! Repeat.
- Add to your summer time salad. I love berries in a good salad, especially during the summer. One of my favorites is a simple salad with fresh sliced strawberries, sliced almonds, spinach leaves, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Use your favorite dressing. Mine is a dressing by the same name (Brianna’s)… imagine that!
Are you in the mood for some berries yet? Eat ’em up!