I am excited and eager to embark on a yoga and mindful living journey through Empower. As most of you know, I am a HUGE fan of the Yoga With Adriene videos. She is hosting a 30-day yoga challenge called Empower and I joined. It starts tomorrow.
I want to share with you my journey. I won’t promise to post every day. I simply wouldn’t be able to hold up that promise, because let’s face it… life happens. But, I do promise to post regularly.
As a wellness enthusiast and blogger, I highly value mindful living. It is SO easy to get bogged down by daily tasks and to-do’s. Mindful living keeps you in the now. So, I am taking this yoga challenge a step further and am hoping to focus back on mindful living in its entirety. Along with yoga, I plan to be mindful of the following (and more):
- Company I am with and conversations I am (fully) engaged in
- Food and beverages I consume and how my body reacts
- How I feel and what I need in the moment
- Thoughts, whether positive or toxic, and knowing when to release them
- Laughter and joy of having my cat do yoga with me (she ALWAYS joins me)
- Peacefulness and sensory satisfaction that lighting a candle can bring instantly
- To-do’s and tasks, even if they seem tedious
Not an all-inclusive list, but it’s a start. Curious, what would you add to that list?
I also want to use these 30 days of Empower to let go of perfection and find what feels good. To “habitualize” yoga and mindful living and stay in tune with my wants and needs. Oh, I am so ready for this!
And with that, namaste.