Are you on-the-go quite a bit? Or get into a mid-afternoon slump around 3pm? I know of a GREAT option for you! My afternoon snack has quickly become Uber by Larabar. And let me tell you why…
- It is VERY easy to grab & go. In the afternoon, I am usually working through a project so need a quick snack when hunger strikes. I also need a snack that powers me through the rest of my work day. I don’t get to nap whenever I want to… although, that would be a pretty rad benefit.
- The flavors they have are out of this world! I have recently been introduced to Sticky Bun and Dark Chocolate Peanut. Wow!! Party in your mouth…. and one without crazy chemicals & scientific concoctions.
- These bars are easy to find. I got mine at Target. And who doesn’t have a Target in a 10 mile radius?
- When I find a tasty AND healthy bar that is a $1 or less per bar, I consider that a good deal. Many bars out there can be up to $2.50 per bar. I found the Uber’s for $1 each. If I could buy them in a bulk, I would be even happier! Must check Costco next time I am there (which is about 2x per year).
- The ingredients make this dietitian proud. Check out the ingredients in Sticky Bun (and lemme tell you, it REALLY does taste like a sticky bun. Yum!): Almonds, Walnuts, Brown Rice Syrup, Dates, Pecans, Molasses, Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract.
I gave you 5 pretty darn good reasons to forget the vending machine and spend that $1 on an Uber! And it’s even fun to say… you can call it uber good after you are done!
I do recommend that if you are going to have an Uber, you have it as a standalone. It has plenty of calories and healthy fat on its own to satisfy your hunger.