My life has changed dramatically the past few months… in more ways than one. The best change that my husband and I are thrilled about is that we are expecting in February! All of the immediate family knows now so I can share the news on the blog too (officially). 🙂
So with that news, a day in the life has changed for me. A lot! But, not in a bad way. I am enjoying every moment that I can (even when nausea strikes) because I feel blessed to be the vessel for baby Kennedy.
Back to it… a day in the life for Bri Kennedy. Most of my days are somewhat different, but a typical work day where I get to work from home looks like this…
- I wake up STARVING. Before I got pregnant, I was able to do a workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then eat breakfast. Not anymore! I have to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up or I grumble loud enough for the neighbors to think the tornado sirens went off.
- My taste buds have changed dramatically so where I used to choose a healthy, hearty bowl of oatmeal, sunbutter toast, or some type of egg dish I now choose cereal. Currently, “I gotta have my pops.”
- I have not wanted any sort of hot beverage lately, tea or coffee included. But, today I made a cup of Cinnamon Apple Spice herbal tea. Delicious!
- I sit down to start work after breakfast, usually around 7:45 or 8:00. I almost always have a cat to pet before I get to work though. Cali wouldn’t have it any other way! So she jumps in my lap, I give her some attention, and THEN I start my work.
- Around 10, I get hungry again so make a snack. I joke that it’s my 2nd breakfast, but it is usually not breakfast food at all. Today it is 3 chicken taquitos, but most of the time it is yogurt and a piece of fruit. I was EXTRA hungry today though.
- Around 12 or 1, I take a break from work and try to do a workout. I am 2 weeks into my 2nd trimester so luckily the energy levels are back up. In my first trimester, it was hard to get a workout in for at least a month. Now I find it enjoyable to do a Cize workout or to go for a walk and follow it up with strength training and stretching. I
needwant more yoga in my life again so should be incorporating more of that, but will get to that soon. I am just happy I am active again! Here is me after a Cize workout…
- I shower, get ready a bit, and eat lunch before heading back to my office upstairs. I work until about 5pm, but since I work from home I am sometimes guilty of working later. I make sure to have a fun or relaxing evening though when I do that!
- My husband gets home around 5 or 5:30pm so we like to chit chat for a bit and then I make us dinner (on days I actually cook) or we heat up something already made.
- Evenings vary from listening to the husband play piano/guitar to watching some TV shows to cleaning to getting outdoors. We are soaking up the time we have to do whatever we want in the evenings since pretty soon we will have a little one dictating our time.
All in all, a day in my life is not over the top adventurous, but I dig it. I try to take time to enjoy the little things, whether on my walk or sitting down at home. There is always something to be grateful for!
What is one thing you fit into your life each day?