Are you ready to get social on this beautiful Sunday?! Let’s hop right in…
This Weeks Questions:
1. When do you take time for you? I need “me” time often and it’s very easy for me to get it these days. Usually I take time for a walk or some other type of physical activity. I also feel the need to find time for the girly TV shows so usually watch a few per week over my lunch break. And then, of course, weekly I like to grocery shop or do any other type of shopping and prefer doing that alone. I always buy a tea when I shop, which adds even more enjoyment. This girl LOVES her tea!
2. What do you find to be your biggest weakness? Over-thinking things. It takes me a loooooong time to make a decision. Oftentimes, you just have to make a decision and stick with it. I tend to re-think it after I even make it and wonder if it was the right decision. But, when you worry too much, you forget to see the joy right in front of you so I am trying to do better with trusting in my decisions.
3. What is your biggest attribute? My enthusiasm and love for people. I really do think love makes the world go round and we need connection (Brene Brown talks a lot about this and I LOVE her work/research!). I love connecting with others and like to think that I am easy to talk to and get along with.
4. What is your favorite place to shop online? Amazon all the way! I even recently got an Amazon credit card because they were giving away a $50 Amazon gift card for signing up. I’ll be honest, I have a little more credit cards than I really need at the moment, but I never keep a balance on them and do not use all of them regularly.
5. What is your favorite place to kill time? Target I suppose. Or anywhere that I can walk around and browse or shop. Firewheel mall is a fun outdoor one close to my house. I love it!
I am changing things up a bit for the next several Wednesdays. We’ll call it Pure Barre Dallas Teacher series and get to know some of the teachers and their nutrition tricks. If you didn’t know before today, Pure Barre Dallas is actually how What to Eat Wednesday started. I am a teacher at Pure Barre Dallas and Beth, the studio owner, asked me if I wanted to blog every Wednesday about nutrition. I did not say yes. I said hell yes! And so here I am…
So today, I give you the Q&A I had with one of our beloved teachers who just moved away from us to Brooklyn, NY. She is still teaching Pure Barre AND will always be a member of the Pure Barre Dallas team. Meet Caroline Jennings (aka CJ)…
- What is your favorite fruit? Hmmm, I love fruit! Some of my favorites are berries, pineapple, mango, and watermelon.
- What is your favorite vegetable? I also love veggies! Probably avocados, tomatoes (I think both of those are actually fruits!), and carrots.
- What is your favorite pre or post workout snack or beverage? I love smoothies.
- What is your top eating healthy tip or trick? I swear by the Weight Watcher’s mentality – everything in moderation! I have a sweet almost everyday, but always limit myself to a small serving size. I have the biggest sweet tooth
- If you had a motto or a quote you like to live by, what would it be? Even though I’m not a religious person, I love the Serenity prayer, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- How long have you been teaching pure barre and what is your favorite thing about teaching? I’ve been teaching almost 4 years! I’m so happy to be able to continue my love for Pure Barre in Brooklyn. I love the clients and swear by the technique.
- Favorite Pure barre move? Definitely fetal!
As a Dietitian/Nutritionist, I absolutely agree with CJ on the health trick above. When we restrict foods, we often crave them even more. You have to find what works best for you and your body!
Stay tuned next week for the Q&A sesh with Amanda.
I am definitely feeling toned today. So this toned up-date is on the right day, my friends. I have stepped it up this past week. Last Tuesday, I talked about my vacation and needing to get back on track. That I did.
I am now at 95 miles completed towards my 150 by summer goal. Can I make it? 3ish weeks to go and 55 miles left. Hmm, for all my numbers people out there that is about 2.89 miles per day. Oh heck yeah I can make it! See, I actually needed to see that number before I made an answer. If it were 4 or 5 per day (and definitely over that), my answer would not have included a “heck” before the yeah and I would have taken a big gulp (aka given a less confident answer).
I am back on the running bandwagon. Just not as much as before. I find that I enjoy 2-3 mile runs (and a walk afterward), as opposed to anything over 4.5 miles. The half marathon training taught me that. I thrive on less runs.. plus, I really like to add in the toning/strength training too.
I am mixing in Pure Barre and yoga to my workouts. Aiming for daily yoga, even if for 10 minutes on some days. It’s good for my overactive mind. And you know, flexibility is important.. especially as you age. I am taking about 1-2 Pure Barre classes per week now. I would totally do more, but I do not live close to the studio anymore. I try to take after I teach.
Favorite fruit and veggie of the week are: apples (gala and golden delicious) and green bell peppers. I am making stuffed peppers tonight. Booyah! I have also perfected the art of the green smoothie I do believe… I add in a little milk. It makes ALL the difference. Yum, yum. yum!
And favorite tone it up video of the week is: Bikini Arms.
Anyone else doing a challenge right now of some sort? Let me know by commenting on the blog or via facebook or twitter.
I am linking up for Sunday Social today and guess what?! Sunday social is officially 2 years old. Way to go, Neely and Ashley!
Let’s do this…
- Introduce yourself and your blog to us. My blog is Simple Delights and is a wellness blog. My name is Bri and I currently live in the DFW area of Texas. I am a wellness coordinator and Registered Dietitian by day so love sharing health tips and tricks to friends, family, acquaintances, other bloggers, and readers in general. I truly believe that everything we do should be simple and delightful… and yes, that includes working out, eating healthy, and being stress free. If it isn’t simple and we hate it, we won’t do it! Period. Plus, life is WAY MORE FUN when we enjoy it (and the little things).
- What is your favorite form of social media and why? It used to be twitter, but now it is starting to be instagram. I LOVE looking at yoga poses that people post. So inspiring! Makes me want to build a better home practice of yoga and every day I tell myself that tomorrow I will start. Perhaps tomorrow I REALLY will start?!?
- What made you start a blog? I have always enjoyed writing and felt that a blog would be great way to write and help others at the same time. It’s such a great way to meet others too and build online connections.
- What do you feel the most meaningful/special post you’ve written is? Well, the most meaningful one for me was the post about my Uncle. He passed away in 1995 and I found a poem I wrote about him back then so shared it on the blog. I was eleven when he passed so it was a hard time for me, but his memory and love lives on forever. I will never forget him!
Happy Sunday, friends.