The power is in your palm. Do yourself a favor and visit this site RIGHT now. Watch the video and make a pact with yourself to not support products that use palm oil. I am not a pusher, nor do I sell ANYTHING. But, whenever I hear of a very important cause I want to share it.
Palm oil has become one of the world’s leading causes of rainforest destruction.
It is is in a LOT of junk food. And even some beauty products. But, is it necessary? Absolutely not!
Big companies are tearing down palm trees in our rainforests. Orangutans need these trees to survive, but if the big companies continue to utilize palm oil plantations they will become extinct in our lifetime. Do you want that? I know I don’t. Animals do not need to be sacrificed so that we can eat more Cinnamon Toast Crunch and use Dove soap. How absurd is that?!
These same big companies have plenty of other non-tropical oils they can use like olive oil, canola oil, or safflower oil, to name a few.
I hope you will take some kind of action. Think about submitting a photo like I did above to the #InYourPalm site. It’s so simple! If you have time this week, also consider looking at your food and product labels. Legally, a company can label it as “vegetable oil”, but luckily most don’t. These are palm oil derivatives to look out for:
- Palm Kernel Oil (PKO) and PKO fractionations: Palm Kernel Stearin (PKs); Palm Kernel Olein (PKOo)
- Partially Hydrogenated Palm and Palm Kernel Oil (PHP(K)O)
- Fractionated Palm and Palm Kernel Oil (FP(K)O)
- Organic Palm Oil and Palm Kernel Oil (OP(K)O)
- Palmitate – Vitamin A or Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate and Sodium Lauryl Sulphates
- Sodium dodecyl Sulphate (SDS or NaDS)
- Elaeis Guineensis
- Glyceryl Stearate and Stearic Acid
- Steareth -2 and Steareth -20
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Sodium Lauryl sulfoacetate
- Hydrated palm glycerides
- Sodium isostearoyl lactylaye
- Cetyl palmitate and octyl palmitate
Let’s take a stand together. Every person counts and our buying power is huge! If we buy less palm oil products, companies will have to consider using other available oils.
What cause are you passionate about? I would LOVE to hear about it!