I cannot believe I am almost half way through my pregnancy! I have been absent on the blog A LOT lately and haven’t talked much about my pregnancy, but now is as good of a time as ever. I am officially at 19 weeks.
I have gained about 10 lbs total so far. I was so nervous at first because most of that weight has been gained during the 2nd trimester (the past 7 weeks). In fact, I only gained 2 lbs in the first. I thought I might be gaining weight too fast but then many of my friends calmed my nerves by telling me how much weight they gained during pregnancy. Yeah the recommendation may be 25-35 lbs for those that are normal weight to begin with, but that doesn’t always happen. So I am going to focus less on weight and more on how I feel. And I feel pretty darn good!
I love being pregnant mostly because of this being growing inside of me. It is so cool to think of our baby boy growing each day and on some (hopefully sunny, and not icy) day in February we will get to see his beautiful face and hold him for the first time. It is such a blessing and a miracle at the same time.
Don’t get me wrong, not everything is peaches and roses for me during pregnancy but the good far outweighs the bad. But just for fun, here are the not so pleasant things (since not everyone talks about them & they are meant to be silly):
- Treats I used to like no longer appeal to me… (I have no desire for chocolate of any kind).
- And treats I used to not care for suddenly appeal to me… (I love me some skittles, starbursts, and chewy sweet tarts).
- I am hungry a lot and sometimes get tired of eating.
- My pants don’t fit so I have to wear them unzipped with a BeBand over them so they don’t fall down.
- I have been back on the workout wagon these past few weeks which is AWESOME, but sometimes when I do squats my shorts cut into my tummy and it does not feel good. Plus, running and jumping make me have to pee (as if I don’t already have to pee a million times per day).
- I can only sometimes make it through TV time at night. Most of the time I pass out and have to re-watch the netflix show the next morning to be up to date before my husband and I try to watch the next episode.
- I only now started liking vegetables again (in the form of baby carrots). Good thing I have never stopped liking fruits (and I do take a prenatal vitamin).
- Maternity clothes are way more expensive than normal women clothes it seems.. or maybe I am not looking in the right places. I decided to only buy a few pieces and then see if my regular stuff can last and stretch with me. Might be wishful thinking!
- My tummy often feels weird…. like reflux or heartburn kinda weird.
- I get sentimental when I drive in a car and sometimes tear up. It has nothing to do with driving and everything to do with having time to just think about this little nugget (and a few other family-related things). Oh, emotions!
If you have been pregnant before, did you have any of the same experiences above? Happy Monday, friends!